Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bellydancer

Everytime I type the word bellydancer I think of the Elton John song Tiny Dancer. Then I start singing the song in my head and it carries me off to the scene in Almost Famous where they start singing on the bus after a tense moment. I love that movie. Yeah, it's a little sad how immersed in pop culture I am.
I took these of Amber, a friend of a friend, who is now my friend. Yes you guessed it, she's a bellydancer. I was obsessed with having a shoot at a dry lake bed, so that's where we headed. We started off late in the afternoon and ran out of natural light. I brought my lights but the power inverter I had wasn't strong enough to handle them so I was bummed. Of course we tried using the headlights as an alternate light source, but it wasn't working well. I did manage to squeeze out some nice looking photos though so I was happy! Not to mention making a new friend always works! I am still obsessed with the dry lake bed idea, this one we found wasn't to my liking so I'm on the lookout for a better one. I am perpetually in search of isolated, nicely lit, scenic areas.






No comments: